Conferences and Events UK presentations are pleased to present you with couple of the most effective presentation tips for 2015. Designing and presenting your own presentations may well become much easier once you know these handy tips.
1. 5/5/5 slide structure – Build the structure of your presentation around the maximum 5 words per line, 5 lines per slide, 5 text slides in a row. That way you can keep your work clear and easy to understand. Link
2. Program yourself before presenting – Beat your presentation stress by taking couple “winner poses” with your arms high in the air and a bright wide smile into the mirror. These might sound trivial but researchers have recently proven the effectiveness of such self-programming. The secret is fact that your brain mimics your body and vice versa. Taking “winning poses” and laughing (even if it is not how you fell at the given moment) makes you feel more “in control” and “outgoing”. Check our TED speaker explaining how we are being impacted by our body language.
3. Slick Design – Make your presentation design clear and easy to read with contrasting colours and clear graphics. Using a clear professionally designed theme might be helpful for most. Do not mix styles and designs in one presentation and stick to a structured font palette. A useful site for downloading PowerPoint themes is Themeforest
4. Punch line Entry – Make your presentation stand out right at the beginning with a catch phrase to grabs your listeners attention. Every main chapter should be started with memorable (humoristic?) line. That way it will be easier for you to engage with your listeners.
5. Engage with your audience – Get interactive, fell free to ask your audience questions and give them interesting facts. Smile and be open, the more natural you will look and the easier it will be for your audience to focus on your information.
6. TECH – Use all of the AV gadgets in your (or ours) arsenal. Why not download an app to control the presentation from your phone? Add your listeners to the online event and provide them with short version of content you talked about. Use the laser pointer if you are showing graphs or a lot of detailed information (professionals traditionally do not touch a board with bare hands).
7. Professional organization – Conferences and Events UK is happy to help you with organization of any size of events, providing top notch service, full AV and furniture hire. Why not speak to one of our conference organisers now for some friendly advice?
We would like to wish you success in your future presentations. Hope our tips will come useful.